Effective Date: June 6, 2016
Refer-a-Friend Terms and Conditions
Vera Bradley (“we”, “Vera Bradley” or “Company”) is offering you the opportunity to refer friends via a Referral Program (“Program”) offered on the web site located at refer.verabradley.com (the “Site”).
1. Binding Agreement. By using the Site or participating in the Program, you are bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) and indicate your agreement to them. All of the Company's decisions are final and binding.
2. Privacy. The personal information collected, processed and used as part of the Program will be used in accordance with Company’s Privacy Statement, which is available by link on the Site. Consistent with that Privacy Statement, an individual will not be subscribed to Company emails simply because of receipt of a referral email through the Program.
3. Program and Eligibility. To participate, visit refer.verabradley.com and follow the on-screen instructions to refer friends, family members or colleagues to Vera Bradley by entering their names and email addresses in the “Refer A Friend” box. Users may refer a maximum of twenty-five (25) friends, family members or colleagues during the Program. Users who refer are called “Referrers.” Individuals who receive a referral are called “Referred Customers.” An eligible Referrer who is fully compliant with these Terms and Conditions may receive “Reward(s)” for every “Qualified Referral”. To be “eligible,” a Referrer must: 1) be a legal resident of the United State of America, and 2) be at least 18 years old. Employees of the Company, its Service Provider or any of its or their subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, including immediate family and household members, are not eligible.
4. Making a Referral. Once an individual refers a friend, family member or colleague, he/she becomes a Referrer and will be provided with a unique referral link (“Personal Link”) that allows the Referrer to receive credit for Qualified Referrals (“Credit”). Personal Links will be issued only to individuals. Referrers must respect the spirit of the Program by only referring real individuals who meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions. Referrers cannot refer themselves. For example, a Referrer may not create multiple or fake accounts with Vera Bradley or participate in the Program using multiple or fake email addresses or identities.
5. Qualified Referrals. A Qualified Referral means that all the following conditions are met: 1) The Referred Customer purchases on verabradley.com using the Referrer’s “Personal Link.” If a Referred Customer purchases using any other link or method, the registration will not count as a Qualified Referral and the Referrer will not earn Credit; 2) The Referred Customer had not previously purchased with us under any email address or alias; 3) The Referred Customer is a) a legal resident of the United State of America and b) at least 18 years old at the time of referral; and 4) Only one Qualified Referral can be earned for each Referred Customer up to a maximum of fifteen (15) Referred Customers during a twelve-month period. Referrers will receive an email with a coupon for $15 off a $75 purchase to use at verabradley.com. Credit can only be awarded for Qualified Referrals.
6. Rewards. Referrer shall receive one (1) Reward valued at $15 off a $75 purchase (some exclusions apply) and your Friend, the Referred Customer, will receive $15 off a purchase of $75 or more (some exclusions apply) for each verified Qualified Referral generated by Referrer. A Referrer may not earn more than 15 Qualified Referrals per calendar year. Rewards may be redeemed at verabradley.com and not combined with any other discount or promotion. Rewards are subject to verification. The Company may delay a Reward for the purposes of investigation. They may also refuse to verify and process any transaction Company deems, in its sole discretion, to be fraudulent, suspicious, in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or believes will impose potential liability on Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents. All of the Company’s decisions are final and binding, including decisions as to whether a Qualified Referral, Credit or Reward is verified.
7. Restrictions. Referrers cannot refer themselves or create multiple, fictitious or fake accounts with the Company or participate in the Program as “Friends”. No user may use the Program to violate any law, infringe or violate the rights of any third party, or otherwise act in a manner that is deemed harassing, harmful, illegal, hateful, obscene or outside the spirit and intent of the Program. Credit and Rewards may not be redeemed for cash. Credit and Rewards are not transferrable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold. Upon termination of the Program or any portion thereof for any reason, or upon cancellation of a Referrer’s Ultimate Rewards account for any reason, any unredeemed Credit and Rewards accumulated by the Referrer is forfeited. In addition, you may not (i) tamper with the Program, (ii) act in an unfair or disruptive manner, or (iii) use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate or receive any benefit in the Program. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Employees of the Company or any of its or their subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies are not able to participate.
8. Liability. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). By participating in the Program, you agree to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Company, Extole, Inc., as the provider of the referral service, and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, attorneys and agents including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, operation or administration of the Program (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to the Program (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)) and/or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of any benefit in the Program. To be clear, the Released Parties shall not be liable for any technical errors or malfunctions, data theft or corruption, any printing or typographical error, or any damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any users for failure to supply any advertised benefit, by reason of any acts of God, any action or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not valid), or any other activity or action that is beyond any of the Released Parties’ control. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKE AND GIVE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE PROGRAM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, AND (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
10. Bulk Distribution (“Spam”). Each Referrer is the actual sender of the emails and must comply with applicable law. Referrals must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members, including in the subject line of the email. By submitting any email address as part of the Program, the Referrer represents that he/she has the appropriate permission and consent to do so from the individual associated with that email address. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including any anti-spam laws, are obligated to indemnify the Program Entities against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a result of such spam. Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other use of the services described herein in a manner that is not promoted is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination and further legal action. The Company has no obligation to monitor the Program or any communications; however, the Company may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Program. In accordance with anti-spam laws, the Company will verify prior to any email distribution that a Referred Customer has not unsubscribed from communications from the Company, and will provide the Referred Customer with the option to opt-out of receiving future email communications from the Company.
11. Sign-In Credentials. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentially of any sign-in credentials and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through the use of them. Users agree to notify the Company immediately if they suspect unauthorized access to, or use of, their account or credentials. Users agree that the Company will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of their credentials.
12. Right to Cancel, Modify or Terminate. We reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Program at any time for any reason. We reserve the right to disqualify any User at any time from participation in the Program if he/she does not comply with any of these Terms.