Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 35
Rated 5 out of 5 by pedcrna Just the right size
I've used this Weekender for 2 trips now. For a car trip to the beach for a long weekend I was able to pack all my clothes, toiletries and shoes. For a week long plane trip I used it for an under seat carryon. I packed everything I would need for one night, snacks and Kindle with room to spare. The front pocket unzips completely for easy access to passport and boarding passes. I flew a large plane and small plane and the Weekender fit well under the seat in front of me, the height, width and length was just right with room left for my feet. I love the simple quilted pattern and the 5 interior pockets keep toiletries organized. There were a few negatives; the trolley sleeve didn't fit over my Tumi handle and it got heavy and awkward carrying it through the airport. It's a bit long to bring it up onto your lap from under an airplane seat. The positives far outweigh the negatives for me.
June 29, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by QT314 Great for Carry-On
I have one of these in Ellie Blue, but wanted one that my husband could carry without feeling "girly". Its soft sides allow it to conform to the airline requirements for carry-on luggage.
I would recommend that Vera consider putting some type of leather or plastic reinforcements on the bottom corners to cut down on the almost guaranteed fraying that occurs on well-loved cloth bags.
December 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ltnorris Best Bag for Business/Weekend/International Travel
I am a frequent business traveler (and occasional leisure traveler) and needed a bag that could I could walk into a business meeting with without losing credibility but could also do double duty for leisure traveler. The weekender in black did just that.
I purchased this bag about 2 years ago in and it has endured 100+ times being pushed under the seat and into the overhead compartment. Its soft sides allows it to fit in even the most confined of spaces. The cross body strap makes it extremely easy to tote around if you are not putting it on your roller luggage. The solid colors with monogramming is classic, professional, and perfect for any age and my boyfriend can carry it without feeling silly. Because of this bag, I was able to trek through Europe for over 2 weeks with just a carry-on and my Weekender. I could hold everything I needed for a long flight plus some.
- I use cosmetic cases in varying sizes to keep the interior organized. A small cosmetic case totes my portable charger, cables, go pro, etc. A medium cosmetic houses my day to day essentials: pens, lip balm, lipstick, bobby pins and hair ties, and just about anything else.
- Get a piece of hard plastic cut down to size at a local hardware store to reinforce the bottom and help protect your items inside if it gets wet.
- Sleeve to fit over handle over luggage. I've seen a few reviews of individuals saying it doesn't fit. Fits fine over my Tumi Continental carry-on.
- 5 interior pockets allows you to stay organized.
- Size can fit a larger laptop (my company gives us 15" laptops which can be hard to find a bag for).
- two exterior pockets on the back makes it easy to tuck often used items or something you need to get to quickly.
- Bottom is reinforced with cardboard which doesn't provide the durability needed if it gets wet. Highly suggest VB look into a plastic reinforcement.
- large interior cavity leaves your laptop loose in bag. Not a huge con just note that there is not additional protection for your laptop nor a sleeve/pocket for an iPad.
- Front zipper pocket is large without any interior pockets. It can be hard to find things in this pocket as it becomes almost like a junk drawer.
June 12, 2016