Convertible Baby Bag
Versatile Bag - not just for babies!
This bag is used as my traveling tote for visiting my interior redesign clients. The main compartment conveniently holds my iPad, folders for new clients, and my files. In the front pocket, I keep a plastic zip pouch with my measuring tape, scissors and pens. It's a great, stylish looking bag that fits all my needs!
February 24, 2014
Exactly what I needed!
I'm in law school right now. So I needed a bag that would allow me to carry lots of heavy books while at the same time looking professional (something I could bring into a court room). I could have gone for another brand of designer bag but I knew that Vera Bradley would have all the extra helpful features I need. Here's what I appreciate about the bag.
- The straps have very strong clips that release from either end, making the bag very versatile.
- There is a durable plastic lining in the bag so my books are safe from the rain and spills don't hurt the rest of the bag. (A pen exploded in my bag a while back and the plastic lining kept the bag from being destroyed)
- I can take the bag into work(at a big scary law firm) and I fit right in, whereas a more flowery option would look out of place.
- There are many helpful pockets, although I wish there was one large inside pocket where I could throw my lunch bag.
- Plus! I get many compliments from friends who are probably looking for the same type of bag! (: And it doesn't look blatantly like a baby bag. Although, there is nothing wrong and everything right with baby bags!
If you're in a similar situation and looking for a very useful nice bag I would advise that you make the investment in this design. It will be worth it!
November 3, 2013
Sleek and stylish
I'm a first time mommy and hated the idea of a big bulky baby bag. This was perfect! It doesn't look like a baby bag at all. I still feel stylish! And I love the idea of being able carry it multiple ways. I'm 6 feet tall, and even have to make the strap shorter when carrying over the shoulder. And when I use it backpack style, I extend the strap all the way and it sits perfect on my back to not cause pain. The lining is easy to wipe and clean, it has the perfect amount of space for everything. I just wish the magnetic closure on the front pocket was stronger. I don't keep anything of value in that pocket....just tissue, Chapstick, Tylenol, and small replaceable things like that because it comes open pretty easy. But I'm very happy with this purchase!
May 20, 2013
Beautiful bag that will go beyond baby years
This is a beautiful bag. We're traveling internationally, so I picked up a Weekender in Baroque and wanted a baby bag that would go with it. Since my store was out of Baby Bags in Baroque, I went with this one. What I love about it:
-It zips all the way around so your stuff won't fall out.
-The hardware (with engraved details) seems to be very sturdy.
- The microfiber is soft and smooth, and the quilting pattern is very different from the regular VB products, which makes the outside of this bag very appealing.
-It doesn't look like a diaper bag. My husband thought I had bought a laptop case instead of a baby bag! The design is classic and chic, and Ithink it will be usable well beyond my kids' baby years.
-It's very roomy and well organized. I packed diapers for two, wipes, large receiving blanket, iPad, smartphone and camera, first aid kit, 3-pc change of clothes, rattles and lovey for 4-month baby girl, grooming kit, my wallet,travel-size wet ones and tissues, and various others odds and ends and everything is held neatly in place in the six interior elasticized pockets.
What I don't like so much:
-The strap is a tad short. It can certainly go over my stroller's handle, and the length is just fine over the shoulder, but I'm not sold on the idea of carrying it crossbody or backpack style (and I'm just 5'2"). It is also a bit too skinny, but that might just be me. I think I will just switch the strap of my weekender to the baby bag.
- It is a bit more structured than I like a baby bag to be, but that comes from the fabric it is made out of.
-The magnet in the front pocket is not very strong, so I can't put my wallet and phone there as I had originally planned. It may not be a problem if used as an everyday bag, but when goint through security or running through an airport to catch a connection it sure could be.
Still undecided about the laminated lining. While it makes the bag easy to clean, I think it makes it a bit harder to get things from the bag, because my hands or the stuff sticks to it
Bottom line, if you want a pretty baby bag that you will get a lot of use from, this is definitely for you.
September 4, 2012