FREE SHIPPING on orders of $75 or more. U.S. Orders Only
Vera Bradley "Making Wishes Bright" Sweepstakes Official Rules
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES (INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA) ("U.S.") AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO, AND GOVERNED EXCLUSIVELY BY, UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE U.S. OR YOU OTHERWISE DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THE OFFICIAL RULES BELOW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER. Void where prohibited.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Vera Bradley "Making Wishes Bright" Sweepstakes ("Promotion" or "Sweepstakes") is offered and open only in the fifty (50) United States (including D.C.) (U.S.), to individuals 16 or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Vera Bradley Sales, LLC., ("Sponsor"), and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, contractors, and agents and those individuals/entities engaged in the development of, the production or distribution of materials for, or the implementation of this Sweepstakes (collectively referred to herein as the "Sweepstakes Entities") and persons in the immediate family of (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or those living in their same household (whether or not related) as any person in any of the preceding categories are not eligible to enter.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion starts on or about 12:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on November 5, 2012 and ends 11:59 pm ET on November 26, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). All time referenced herein is Eastern Time. Sponsor's administrator's server/computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter: (1) To enter by creating a Pinterest Board, log on to (or create) a Pinterest account at www.Pinterest.com (you may create an account for free by accessing the site and following the online directions when prompted to generate an account), create a "Vera Bradley Making Wishes Bright 2" Pinterest Board ("Board"), pin to your Board at least ten (10) images of Vera Bradley styles from www.VeraBradley.com that you would like to have on your wish list if selected as the winner (any additional images on your Board must be "Making Wishes Bright" themed as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), pin the cover image from the Vera Bradley Pinterest board (located at http://www.pinterest.com/verabradley/vera-bradley-making-wishes-bright then access www.verabradley.com/makingwishesbright and follow the directions to submit your entry, which must include your contact information, the Pinterest URL for the Board you created for this Sweepstakes, and your agreement to these Official Rules ("Entry"). Failure to follow all steps or include all information will void the Entry. The order of these steps may vary.
OR (2) To enter without creating a Pinterest Board, access www.verabradley.com/makingwishesbright, and follow the Sweepstakes entry instructions to submit an entry, which must include your contact information, at least ten (10) Vera Bradley styles that you would like to have on your wish list if selected as the winner and your agreement to these Official Rules ("Entry"). Limit one (1) Entry per person, regardless of entry method used. In the event entrant exceeds the stated limit, all Entries will be disqualified. Entries submitted via any other method will not be eligible for the Promotion. Once submitted, Entry/Board may be modified, however if selected as a winner, the items on the Board at the time of the end of the Promotion Period will determine requested wish list. Once submitted, if an Entry/Board is deleted or cancelled entrant's Entry will at that time be void. By entering, entrants understand and agree that eligible Entries submitted via Pinterest will be posted on-line and will be subject to public viewing, Liking, streaming (i.e. "digital transmission"), commenting and downloading (i.e. "digital distribution"). By submitting an Entry, entrants agree to be contacted by Sponsor with notices and reminders pertaining to the Promotion. By submitting an Entry, entrants agree to receive future marketing communications from Sponsor. However, you may opt out of these communications at any time thereafter without affect to your Entry.
Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entrants may not enter through a club (or similar method), with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, nor shall entrants use any other device or artifice to enter more than the permitted number of times. Any use of cheating, fraud, on-line Sweepstakes clubs (or similar methods), robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like Entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using/benefitting from such methods. In case of dispute, Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, destroyed, damaged, or misdirected Entries; nor for any computer, telephone, cable network, electronic or hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt, or jumbled transmissions; nor service provider, Internet, Web site, user net accessibility or availability, incompatibility, traffic congestion, unauthorized human intervention or any human error, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information, nor for the failure to capture any such information.
5. REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY: Incomplete or otherwise ineligible Entries will be disqualified. Proof that you created and submitted an Entry does not constitute proof or evidence that it was received within the Promotion Period or eligible for the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse, disqualify, or withdraw Entries and/or entrants at any time during or after the Sweepstakes.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant represents and warrants that the Entry submitted is the sole creation of that entrant (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other unauthorized source and not a collaboration with any other person) and warrants that the entry, or any element thereof, complies with the terms of service and all other policies posted at www.pinterest.com, does not violate, breach, or infringe upon any copyright, trademark, proprietary, publicity, privacy or any other rights of any person or entity, is not defamatory or libelous, does not disclose or provide personal matters concerning any person without such person's consent, does not depict unsafe, illegal or dangerous practices. Obscene, offensive, unsuitable or inappropriate Entries, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, will not be considered. Each entrant further represents and warrants that he/she has obtained any third-party licenses, releases or other permissions that may be necessary with respect to any third-party or third-parties' property that are depicted in the Entry, and agrees to provide sufficient evidence of such releases or permissions to Sponsor upon request. Without limiting any other right herein, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, but without obligation, to disqualify at any time during the Sweepstakes any entrant/Entry based on the belief that appropriate and necessary releases have not been obtained or are unattainable, or that such Entry contains any materials that may infringe on the rights of any third parties. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges and agrees: (a) Sponsor is granting entrant, for the sole purpose of entering the Sweepstakes, a limited, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, nonexclusive, limited license to use references to or depictions of Sponsor's marks and/or images (collectively, "Sponsor Marks") from Sponsor's Website and Pinterest Board solely for use in connection with entrant's creation of an Entry for this Sweepstakes; (b) each entrant shall have no right, title, or interest in the Sponsor Marks and/or goodwill associated therewith; and (c) any use by an entrant of the Sponsor Marks other than as expressly permitted by these Official Rules will constitute a violation of these Official Rules and may constitute, among other things, trademark or copyright infringement.
Entrant may be asked by Sponsor to provide evidence of the above in writing. Nothing herein shall be deemed an obligation of confidentiality. Entrants understand and agree to assume the risk that their Entry and any element thereof may, in whole or in part, be identical or similar to any other Entry, that one Entry may regardless be selected as the winner, and entrants shall release and hold Sponsor harmless from same.
At the time you submit an Entry, and whether or not selected as a winner, you grant to Sponsor an unlimited, irrevocable right and license in and to all elements of your Entry (that are not already owned by Sponsor), in whole and in part, and all the intellectual and property rights therein including the right to make derivative works, through-out the world, and further agree to execute all documents and perform all acts deemed necessary by Sponsor to protect Sponsor' license in the intellectual property. You understand and agree by granting this license your Entry may be modified, edited, distorted, used in whole or in part, alone or in combination with other works, used in illusory or composite form, or in any other manner, as solely determined by Sponsor in any media and medium whatsoever now known or hereinafter developed (including without limitation print, broadcast, radio, digital, and on-line) without further compensation or review. You will not now nor in the future be paid for your Entry or for granting Sponsor any of these rights. 6. DRAWING: On or within approx. two weeks following the end of the Promotion, a random drawing will be held by Sponsor (or its authorized representative) from all eligible Entries received to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner who will be notified by telephone or email (in Sponsor's sole discretion). Potential Grand Prize winner (or if a minor their parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign, have notarized and return within the time specified a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and, where legal, Publicity Release prior to prize award, or else prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential Grand Prize winner. 7. PRIZE/ODDS: Prize award is subject to final verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Any prize won by a minor will be awarded to and in the name of their parent or adult legal guardian. Grand Prize (1): a selection of Vera Bradley items from the winner's Board (up to a total value of approx. $500). (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $500). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Items will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Patterns, styles and colors may be substituted by Sponsor.
No transfer, assignment or substitution of prize (in whole or in part), except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or gift cards. Any different between the actual value and ARV of prize will not be awarded as cash or otherwise. All federal, state, and local taxes on a prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. In no event will Sweepstakes Entities be responsible to award more than the stated number of prizes herein. Prizes will be shipped on or within 4 - 6 weeks of winner confirmation. Prizes, including any products received as a prize may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, or placed into any other unauthorized channels of distribution. Any prize pictured in advertising or promotional materials is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual prize, pattern and/or style awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, human error, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, incompatibility, communications failure, theft, loss or destruction of Entries. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from accessing, downloading materials from or use of any web site. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or other failures or errors, or any other causes which Sponsor deems, in its sole opinion, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select the winner by random from all eligible non-suspect Entries received prior to the action or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. In the event of any discrepancy, ambiguity, inconsistency, printing or any other error or miscommunication in any advertising and or promotional materials in any and all media relating to this Sweepstakes, these Official Rules shall govern. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to execute the Promotion, or supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any act of God, any action(s), regulation(s) order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist act, cyber attack, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any similar or dissimilar event beyond their reasonable control.
In no event will Sweepstakes Entities, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies and/or all their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your participation in this Promotion, Promotion related activities, or access to, and use of, any participating internet site(s) or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from any web site(s). Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Sponsor's site is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties.
THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF INDIANA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Fort Wayne, IN having jurisdiction.
10. WINNERS LIST: For winner's list, please visit www.verabradley.com or mail a self–addressed, sufficiently U.S. postage stamped envelope to: Vera Bradley "Making Wishes Bright" Sweepstakes, Winners' List Request, 2208 Production Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808, for receipt by 11/31/2012. Limit one (1) request per person/household address.
11. SPONSOR: Vera Bradley Sales, LLC., 2208 Production Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808.