Official Rules: THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING TERRITORIES, POSSESSIONS AND MILITARY BASES) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO, AND GOVERNED EXCLUSIVELY BY, UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT AN ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUAL (AS DESCRIBED BELOW) AND PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Vera Bradley "Totes for Teachers" Sweepstakes ("Promotion") is offered and open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia ("United States") who are 16 years of age or older and who currently reside in the United States at time of entry. Corporate employees, officers and directors of Vera Bradley Designs, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Vera Bradley Sales, LLC., and those entities involved in the preparation of materials and/or administration of this Promotion (collectively referred to herein as the "Promotion Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents) and those living in the same household as such individuals (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion starts on or about 12:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on June 27, 2011 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on July 11, 2011 ("Promotion Period"). All time referenced herein is Eastern Time. Sponsor's clock is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, enter online by accessing the Vera Bradley Facebook® Promotion Page at www.facebook.com/verabradley then click the "Like" button to like Sponsor's Promotion page and enter all required information ("entry"); failure to include a teacher nomination (if requested) or any other required information will void the entry. If you don't have Facebook access, you can become a member without charge by simply following the Facebook member instructions and accepting the terms and conditions of use. Limit one (1) entry per person. Once submitted, entry cannot be modified, deleted or cancelled. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. You may enter under one name and one email address only. Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail and/or identities, nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times. Any Entrant who uses fraudulent entry methods, enters through a sweepstakes-entry service or similar methods, or otherwise attempts to participate with multiple e-mail and/or identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and all entries by that entrant will be void. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; nor for any computer, telephone, cable network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt, or jumbled transmissions; nor service provider, Internet, Web site, user net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention or any technical error; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information; nor for the failure to capture any such information. Only eligible entries received by Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules will be considered. By entering you agree, among other things, to receive future email communications regarding the Promotion.
4. DRAWING/NOTIFICATION: On or within five (5) working days following the end of the Promotion Period, a random drawing will be held by Sponsor (or its authorized representative) from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Only the number of prizes stated herein will be awarded. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of prizes. Limit one (1) prize per person.
Eligible potential winners will be notified by email and will be required to provide, within a time specified by Sponsor, their mailing address for prize delivery (in addition if a minor, potential winner must provide the name and mailing address of their parent or adult legal guardian ("parent")). All prizes won by a minor will be awarded to and in the name of their parent. In the event that technological, programming, or other errors cause more than the stated number of prizes in any category, as indicated in these Official Rules, to be sent as notifications, distributed, claimed or received for any prize, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award only the stated number of prizes (in such prize category if applicable) by random drawing among all eligible claimants (in that prize category if applicable). Prize will be mailed to winners within 4 – 6 weeks upon timely provision of their mailing address. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility, and compliance with these Official Rules. Upon receipt of prize, winners will be solely responsible for distribution of prizes to the respective teacher named in their entry and Sponsor disclaims any responsibility or liability relating to same.
5. PRIZES (100), 1 for the winner + 1 for winner to give to their nominated teacher/ODDS: A Vera Bradley® Tote (in one of our 2011 Fall colors) for winner and one (1) for their nominated teacher. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of prize: $49 each tote, $98 per prize. Total ARV of all prizes: $9,800. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. No transfer, assignment or substitution of prize (in whole or in part), except Sponsor reserves the absolute right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Style, pattern and/or color of prize may change in Sponsor's sole discretion. Any prize pictured in advertising or promotional materials is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual prize awarded. Products awarded as prizes may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, commercially transferred or donated, or otherwise placed into commercial channels of distribution.
6. GENERAL: By entering, participants agree to abide by and be bound to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Failure to timely return or properly complete Release Documents (if any), or if a potential winner/prize notification is ignored, undeliverable, untimely or otherwise not properly responded to within the time specified, or if a potential winner is or becomes ineligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, it will result in prize forfeiture, and in such event an alternate potential daily winner will be selected from remaining eligible entries for the applicable daily Sweepstakes. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected. BY PARTICIPATING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, FACEBOOK, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ALLEGED OR ACTUAL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITAGATION IS COMMENCED), LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER EXISTING NOW OR ARISING IN THE FUTURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DISABILITY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, COURT COSTS, SETTLEMENT AND DISBURSEMENTS) DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY, ACCESS TO THE PROMOTIONAL SITES AND PAGES, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION. By entering and/or accepting a prize, participants hereby irrevocably consent, where lawful, to the use by Vera Bradley Designs, Inc. (and their authorized representatives) of their name, image, photographs, videotape, likeness, hometown name, biographical information, and voice for publicity, trade, advertising and promotional purposes in all media now known or hereafter developed worldwide, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without additional compensation, and without the right of review, notification or approval.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Promotion Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, human error, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to a Promotion Page and/or site. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. If, for any reason, the Promotion or any element thereof in whole or in part is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor deems, in its sole opinion, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion or any element thereof, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select the winner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the action or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Promotion Entities shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to execute the Promotion, or supply a prize, by reason of any act of God, any action(s), regulation(s) order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, cyber attack, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any similar or dissimilar event beyond their reasonable control.
In no event will Promotion Entities, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies and/or all their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to, and use of, any participating internet site(s), Promotion Pages, or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site(s). Without limiting the foregoing, everything on this site is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties.
THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF INDIANA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a neutral one person arbitration panel located in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
8. WINNERS LIST: For the names of prize winners (or if a minor the name of their parent): mail a self-addressed, U.S. postage stamped envelope to: Vera Bradley ® "Totes for Teachers." Sweepstakes Winner Request, Inc., 2208 Production Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808. All requests must be received by July 18, 2011. Limit one request per person/household.
9. SPONSOR: Vera Bradley Designs, Inc., 2208 Production Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808.