Menu

This Winter, we’re calling for color

Make a Winter wish ...While just outside your window the trees are nearly bare, the season’s in full bloom as far as we’re concerned! Two fetching new colors – Dogwood and English Rose – are arriving just in time for the holiday season. Mark your calendars for Friday, November 2!

Stop by tomorrow for more on the inspiration behind these stunning new patterns. Until then, you can dress your desktop in one of these lovely Winter downloads

Desktop Download: Dogwood
Desktop Downloads: English Rose

• Kristen says:

I’m just confused as to how it’s a huge shock that they are made in China, it’s been that way for a while now. I like Vera, I’m not nutso for it, but they’re fun. So c’mon leave Vera alone, they can’t please everyone all of the time.

• Shirley says:

Kristen, I agree with you, Leave Vera alone. They do their best to produce lovely handbags that many of us out here just love and are so very proud to carry. It is very hard to please everyone on everything. Vera is normally floral designs since inception. I actually love flowers and love Veras. I am sure that they will come up with further designs in the future. My bags are of good quality and Vera is not the first company that has had to manufacture elsewhere. Many, many in our country do and that is just a fact of life whether we like it or not. I am not all that happy about it, but will still buy my bags from Vera as I truly love them.

• Jasmine says:

hi,
        not picking on vera. just frustrated as i’ve been waiting 2 years now, money in hand, ready to purchase a pattern/color that works for me.

i love the lightweight nature of the handbags and also the fact that they are machine washable. (debra, i do agree with you about the odor.)

not everyone wants big bold prints, although i actually like some of the new ones, the colors just don’t work for me as i don’t wear brights. would love something cooler and more muted, like vera used to make.

i’m a big vera fan, a customer and a stockholder – and have carried nothing but vera for decades. would love to own vera for the future as well.

• Beckie says:

So agree. I have been so disappointed in the past year’s choices that I have come to a screeching halt on purchasing purses or anything in the newer colors. Because of arthritis, I love the fabric made purses. Leather in the same size bag is much heavier to start with. Out of desperation, I visited my local fabric shop and bought supplies to make my own. Not all have that ability, so I feel fortunate that I can make my own. I just prefer to have purchased a Vera B bag.

• Shirley says:

You are so lucky to have the ability to make your own fabric bags. I have many Veras and have not found them to be of poor quality or have a bad smell. I have loved them all and all the accessories I have purchased. Myself, I love color and I love flowers, so am quite pleased with the selections we have.

• Beckie says:

Thanks, Shirley. I am fortunate to be able to sew well. I just haven’t made made purses for a long time, but love the fabric that I chose. If it turns out well, I can make more for much less than what I have been spending on VB. I’ll save my money for the VB accessories.

• Shirley says:

Hi Beckie, good for you sewing your own bags. I just love the fabric bags and have many. I have a case for my book to take when I go to an appt, a camera case, a key case, an e-reader sleeve for my accessories. Plus many bags. I wish I could sew well and make them too. Happy for you and let us know how they come out. Enjoy, Beckie

• Clara says:

The black one is GORGEOUS

• Fran says:

I would like to see some small animal prints again.

• mom says:

To the comment that Vera has been floral since its inception, Vera also had many other prints. Also, the prints were smaller, fewer colors and the bands at the top of the bags were more detailed. Now often there are too many bright colors, and some of the patterns are garish, rather than understated and sophisticated, like French Provincial patterns. It would be nice if Vera offered something like the earlier patterns now and then.

• Jasmine says:

I so agree, mom. All I ask is maybe one softer, more muted refined print a year. I recognize that VB is aiming at the youth market, but please don’t forget us more mature ladies who have been supporters for decades.

I love florals, paisleys, french provincial, all of it…would just like to see a few smaller scale prints more in scale with my size, and also I think for me I am missing the cooler, softer colors that go better with my wardrobe and skin tone. There is plenty for all the other customers who like brighter, clearer or warmer tones already…..

• Trina S says:

I really liked the “Dogwood” pattern, but since reading about the name goof, I am on the fence. I agree with everyone on the older patterns, they were a lot easier to carry since the print wasn’t so large and overbearing.
    I would like to see more smaller, not so flashy patterns. I would also like to see something wintery with snowflakes or evergreens. I think the Realtree pattern in pink would be cute! The colors lime green and gray are really big now and would love to see those colors in a pattern close to Paprika.
    I have also noticed the quality is slipping, hate to say it, but more than likely due to being made overseas. I have noticed lots of crooked seams and some not even matching up like they should, but the prices continue to rise.

• Like to see some purple and black.