The faces of the #vbos

This past Sunday, the 2012 Vera Bradley Outlet Sale in Fort Wayne came to a close, and as we all reflect on the past five days, we’re reminded of how this event is about so much more than great prices. It’s about connecting with fellow fans, bonding with friends and family and having a truly wonderful time. I think our team looks forward to this annual event almost more than the shoppers.

This year, more than ever before, we were thrilled as we watched your images come in through social media (#vbos). We’ve had such a wonderful time seeing your snapshots and, as promised, wanted to share a few of our favorites here.

Vera Bradley outlet sale bound with the girls : ) so excited!!!! #vbos -@kristiny08“Vera Bradley outlet sale bound with the girls : ) so excited!!!! #vbos” -@kristiny08

#vbos -@hereisnicole“#vbos” -@hereisnicole

Lisa E., Brinley E., Kelley E., Emily D. and Brooke R.Lisa E., Brinley E., Kelley E., Emily D. and Brooke R.

got our plan, and our power food #motivation #VBOS -@miss_emily_b“got our plan, and our power food #motivation #VBOS” -@miss_emily_b

Totes galore! #vbos -@esspoor“Totes galore! #vbos” -@esspoor

#vbos -@tracishupert“#vbos” -@tracishupert

This is what we call success! #VBOS -@emshrock“This is what we call success! #VBOS” -@emshrock

Successful day at #VBOS !!  -@carlygp“Successful day at #VBOS !!” -@carlygp

The Monday morning aftermath of another great #VBOS. -@acwmcoliseum“The Monday morning aftermath of another great #VBOS.” -@acwmcoliseum

We hope you’ll join us in 2013, on April 10 – 14!

• deezee says:

I had a ball! The lines were too long on Saturday morning (nearly an hour wait to get in), but the products were well organized and the checkout was extremely efficient considering the number of people waiting in line. And there were NO LINES at the restrooms (that alone deserves a big star!) And if you’ve never gone to the sale, don’t worry: there will be PLENTY available on Sunday!!

• elisa says:

man I wish I was able to go

• Paula Fisk says:

what happens to all the leftovers?

• Sara Spears says:

I would like to know the same. I was helping when someone wansnt feeling well and I think I dropped the two hipsters that I swore were in my bag. I was pretty upset. I was so excited to see the owls this year so I grabbed 2 and then I didnt have them. Also the sunglasses I wanted they didnt have at checkout and I had already paid and had to pick another pair. Kind of upset with that. I think you should also push it back to 3500 because 4000 was just to much compared to the 3000 last year. It will be my 5th year next year and we are comming with a gang and shirts

• debina says:

Great pics, wish i could have gone

• Bonnie bottger says:

We had to wait in line on Sunday for about 15-20 minutes. It was worth it. We had a great shopping spree.

• Brooke R. says:

Woohoo! Glad our picture was chosen, we had a blast and came home with LOTS of Vera!

• April K says:

Man, I wish I could have been there!!!

• Sara K says:

It was so much fun. My mom and I had a blast. I was so glad to restock all my Vera! Thanks for lining us up inside Saturday early morning. Staff was so nice. I can’t wait to go again!!

• Emily D. says:

We had a great time at this years sale! :) Our lime green I <3 Vera shirts were so helpful for finding eachother once on the floor. So glad our picture was chosen. See you next year! :)

• Martina says:

my sister and I went during a ticketed session on Wednesday and it wasn’t too bad as far as lines and all that. I wouldn’t suggest bringing children or strollers we brought my baby nephew and people kept pushing and shoving his stroller I was getting a little mad. lots of crazy women just shoving their way through as we were shopping. that’s the only thing we didn’t like. all the rudeness! the checkout was extremely fast and the prices were pretty good. overall it was definitely a new experience!

• Deena Patten says:

Children do NOT belong at the Vera sale-moms are rude with the strollers and end up piling their loot on top of the child-now how fun is that for the child? Same for wheelchairs-it is too dangerous with so many people.

• shady greene says:

Deena, we were in line early saturday morning. A lady at the head of the line was in a wheelchair, being pushed by a guy. In the hall she was in the wheeelchair. Hit the floor and it was like a spring in her butt, she was up and out of that chair and used it to put her stuff in and was ramming it into people as she missled her way down the aisle.

• Megan says:

This year was my first time going, had such a blast! I will be back next year :)

• liz says:

I really wish I could have gone…but I am in college and have school :(
    Is there any way to move the sale to sometime later in May??

• alicia says:

SO JEAOUS!

• pennyhoney says:

Mt sister and I went the second session on the first day, We took the hotel shuttle, so got there later than we would have liked, stood in line for an hour. I was kind of sad to miss some of the things I wanted, as the earlier people had snapped them up. I have to say, I found the nicest treasures in the throw-back bins. I hated the trashbag they gave up to fill, it was awkward without a handle, and kept tearing. I had to go back and get another one. People sat on the floor to sort, no matter how many times the girls asked them to get up. But all the colors and selection were wonderful! I wanted to buy three times what I did buy (I spent almost $600), and probably would have if I could have carried it all! Please Vera, give us a canvas-type bag with a handle, we could return it at the check out!

• Christy chambers says:

The sale was awesome again this year. I thought the selection was by far the best this year. We will be back next year!! Can not wait !

• D Spencer says:

We plan on being there! Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Charlene says:

This was mine and my sisters first time we went on Sunday and we loved it will be back next year!!!

• T. Blair says:

It was my first year and I loved it. very well organized and helpful sales people on the floor. We will be back see you in 2013~

• Jennifer says:

Can’t wait until next year! Love the sales and the ladies I get to spend time with. I think you’re right in not bringing children or strollers to the sale. Women want to shop and it’s already tight spaces around the tables. Moms should leave babies and small children at home, the kids aren’t happy, the strollers are too big and it disturbs the flow of traffic. Too many moms walking around with very young babies in their arms and that was scary to see. Let daddies spend the day with baby, they would love the bonding time! Give the women a break, let them shop!

• jer says:

Please have better plastic bags. I think no stroller and children under 12 shouldn,t be allowed.love the sales

• Lori Barcia says:

This was our groups 3rd year. Each year has gotten better. I have to agree with the other post that stollers do not belong there. People are inconsiderate and they take up to much room. I have not had anyone be rude to us in the three years attending.
    I do hate those plastic bags they tear before you get to checkout. (I think I used three) and the white ones you get at checkout are also cheap and the handles break before you get out the door. I wish you would go to a vinyl bag that could be reused for in the sale area and maybe another vinyl bag for the checkouts.

• shady greene says:

Vera, please bring back the old price list. Missed the jugglers this year. They making waiting so much fun, Also less price updates on facebook this year *sad face*. Also it would be nice if you would have the sale the first weekend in may as you did before. Weather is better. There was alot of confusion early mornings because the line was going in the opposite direction than in previous years. Perhaps a sign and some rope explaining which way to line up. THANKS AGAIN FOR A GREAT TIME AND GREAT EXPERIENCE! LOVE VERA!

• Amber says:

How much cheaper are things at the sale compared to just ordering online?

1 Trackback