There’s nothing that saddens us more than having to dispose of something beautiful once it’s served its intended purpose. Contemplating this dilemma, Erin, our Product Development intern from the New York office, started thinking about repurposing. And we’re so glad she did! Today, we’re launching a series of pretty do-it-yourself (D.I.Y.) projects for the lady who loves Vera Bradley and Mother Nature. Watch for these crafty ideas every Wednesday and happy repurposing to all!
1. Use your ruler and writing utensil to draw 10 1-inch-by-4-inch rectangles onto your paper.
2. Cut along the lines to create 10 rectangles.
3. Fold each rectangle in half vertically.
4. Carefully cut a small triangle from the open end of each folded rectangle to create the “flag effect”.
6. Place the toothpick-end of your flags into the cupcakes.
1. Tear out the divider pages for each month. Trace the cupcake wrapper template onto the divider.
2. Cut along the lines to create the wrappers. (Save the remaining pages for a future D.I.Y.)
3. If you need to, trim.
4. Cover the base of your cupcake with the wrapper and secure with double-stick tape.
And serve …
Come back each Wednesday for more of Erin’s eco-friendly, beautiful D.I.Y. designs.