Happy Birthday Vera!

We’re celebrating the inspiration behind our colorful company. Today, co-founder Barbara Bradley Baekgaard’s mother Vera Bradley would have celebrated her 102nd birthday, and her grace and style lives on through the characterful products.

Vera Bradley

The memory of Vera is still present as her picture is displayed in each of our Retail Store locations.

Vera Bradley

In honor of Vera Bradley we are offering the updated 100 Handbag, the first style created, at a special price for today only.

Join us Thursday, August 11, as we celebrate Vera’s life in Stores.  The day will be full of fun and special offers.

Vera's Birthday

• Elizabeth C. says:

Happy Birthday, Vera! I like the new 100 handbag.

• Alice says:

Happy Birthday Veronica! Thank you for being part of my life!

• CJ-VERA OBSESSED! says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VERA!! What a Beautiful Woman! CONGRATULATIONS on Your Success With Many More Years To Come!! I LOVE MY VERA’S and I ALWAYS Look Forward to What’s NEW!! Thank You for SHARING Your Birthday with ALL of Your FANS Today, I ordered my 100 Handbag in Mocha Rouge! A FOREVER VERA LOVER!!! :)

• brie says:

are the 100 handbags going to be sold for awhile?i’m happy to pay full price since I really like the bag and dont get payed till Thursday.

• Ashley says:

Yes they are a new style so they will be here for a while! Just like any other bag :)

• Sparky says:

At the store they told me that the 100 handbag will be a regular style, and its available in every color except for a couple (Barcelona and Slate Blooms). The $29 price is actually good on Thursday as well, so you can get your paycheck and buy a handbag!

• Ashley says:

Happy B~day Vera! I love the bags!

• Any online specials for Mrs Bradley’s birthday?

• Maria says:

I got mine in Safari Sunset! I wasn’t entirely sure about the style of the bag, but I am a sucker for special editions and one-day offers. so I stopped by my local retailer. Plus I think the size is nice – too often I go for the clutches, which I love, but don’t have enough room to hold everything I need. The 100 Handbag will help so my poor husband doesn’t always have to carry my keys. =)

• Christy says:

Happy Birthday Vera!! Thanks for sharing the deals!!! I don’t live near any of the stores in VA. Are these specials on line too?? Ohhh I sure hope so :)

• Linda K. says:

Happy Birthday to a “much loved lady”…..Vera Bradley who has brought so much color into my life!

• Marikym says:

Happy Birthday Vera! I have the original Handbag before the restyling and love it! It’s my go-to bad every day because it’s so comfortable, functional, and super boho-cute! Can’t wait to go to pick up the new 100 Handbag in English Meadows during the birthday special:) LOVE!

• Marikym says:

Sorry typo in my previous post… I meant bag instead of bad! So happy the special is on August 11th as well! I better run out and get mine today! Yay!

• dana richmond says:

love my 100 handbag !!
    Happy Birthday Vera!!

• -- S says:

Happy Birthday!

• Joe Veasey says:

Happy Birthday Aunt Vera!!

• Susan Coster says:

I went to the birthday celebration at the Skokie store and had a good time! I know you already sell your signature flip-flops but an idea came to mind today and I think its a good one: Produce your beautiful designs on canvas slip-ons or tie-shoes. I know everyone would want a pair to go with their Vera purses……what are your thoughts on this?

• Cheryl P says:

Received my 100 Handbag in Happy Snails this morning…I ordered it on Thursday morning! Super customer service and the bag….DIVINE! I think it’s my favorite pattern to date, and I’ve been carrying Vera Bradley patterns for 10 years! I think this may be a pattern that gets purchased in a few more styles during my back to school shopping! Now….how about bringing the ability to purchase the spirit wear online? I don’t have a local Vera Bradley store and as a teacher, I’d love to purchase some school spirit clothing that I actually like…and I know a ton of teachers here who would feel the same!

• Chazteach says:

Does anyone know if the retail stores (Old Orchard, Skokie IL) will be posting the pics from the 100 b-day celebration. Mom and I brought in our collections, including pics with her Siamese cats (brothers) lounging and hiding in her Medallion Garment Bag! The pics were great and I wondered if they were going to post any.