And the award goes to …

Though most students are in the thick of summer vacation, it’s never too early to start plotting a back-to-school style strategy. We wanted to help, so we pulled together our favorites for the fall.

Allow us to present our Top 10 Styles for School, starting with No. 1, the Vera, which we dubbed “Most Likely to Succeed.” Be sure to follow our countdown and share your thoughts on the perfect fashions to sport around campus.

Top 10 Styles for School

• Natalie Eubanks says:

I have to say that the Vera is my favorite bag ever! I have actually worn through the bottom of two Veras in the last 10 years!

• Erin says:

I think its a horrible marketing strategy to release an unfinished article. I received an email this morning that promised the top 10 bags for school. I couldn’t have been more disappointed to see the next nine were posted “coming soon.” Can’t help but feel Vera wasted my time cluttering my inbox with an email that didn’t deliver. Please in the future finish articles before marketing them to your clients.

• Jill says:

Apparently someone pissed in the 1st commenters Cheerios this morning…

Anyway, Love the bag!!! Its super cute. Cant wait to see more :)

• Sparky says:

The other odd thing is starting with #1. Everyone kind of expects these “top ten” lists to start at #10 and work their way to the most popular spot. That being said, I do love my Vera tote.

• Dyan says:

Sorry …don’t have a favorite color this season. I am not liking ANY of the new choices. How about following the still popular fashion trends…pink/brown, teal/brown, green/brown, black/white (or a zebra print), grey/red/black. shades of blue, brown/black/beige combos. We sell an awful lot of FABRIC in those color combos to people making projects for their home & to wear & that’s what works for us. My personal favorite color combo in times past is Blue Rhapsody (jewel tones). I have never seen a metallic thread (fabric with metallic accents) added to any VB bags…or is that a definite NO. That might spark new sales.

• Ashley says:

So negative! I love the new styles and I for one will be waiting to see what your next bag pick is!

• Vera girl says:

I LOVE the new style and patterns! good job Vera Bradley!
    i havent yet been disappointed! And i hope to never be!
    and there is soo much hate ^^^ I think vera bradley does an exectional job with their marketing hence why so many people love and know about vera bradley! also they put the coming soon to leave a cliff hanger and keep us coming back.. and it definatly works!!

I LOVE VERA BRADLEY!

• Nancy says:

I am a new Vera Bradley fan! So totally in love with Plum Petals! I’ve purchased just about everything I can get my hands on! I cannot wait to purchase the Attache!!! I am a university professor and I can’t wait to walk into class in the fall with my new bag! Thank you VB!!! I am in love!!!!

• Jamie A. says:

It’s funny that the Vera is number 1 because that’s the bag I use for grad school! I love my Vera, but mine is in Carnaby. If I didn’t already own one, the Plum Petals is to die for!!!

• Diana B. says:

I absolutely love the new fall colors! they all have soft warm colors mixed together in all 4 patterns, just like you see in the colors of the trees and sunsets, and also add a little modern touch to it.
    now I wonder, what is going to be the next 9 picks for school.

• Margaret says:

I just bought one today in Mocha Rouge! It’ll be great for my Junior year!

• Sarah B says:

I really, really need VB to come out with a case that fits my iPad2!!! The e-reader sleeve is way too small. The mini laptop case is too big. Please, VB! Hurry! I can’t be the only one…

• Elizabeth C. says:

I like the Vera and the Villager too- great bags! ^_^

• abbey says:

<3n the new patterns…so adorable! When are the other top 9 going to be put up? Can't wait! Keep up the awesome job you do, VB! I love the amazing stuff you guys never cease to create. ;]

• Izzy says:

I LOVE the Vera soooo much! I received it for the holidays last year in java blue and fell in love the moment i opened the box! I really put the handles to the test last school year lugging around various binders and textbooks expecting the straps to break any second but they stayed strong! i can’t live without my Vera and i am looking forward to getting a new one for the 2011- 2012 school year! hmmm maybe happy snails this time…