Folkloric

Let yourself be transported back to the late ‘60s and ‘70s, when unforgettable music blared from the turntable and iconic fashion trends strutted onto the scene. Celebrate an easygoing lifestyle, warm weather enjoyed poolside and days spent in a mellow, lighthearted state of mind.
Folkloric Kitsch prints in retro hues are optimistic and playful, conjuring a nostalgic vibe. The trend forecast calls for cosmetic neutral tones; porcelain to caramel to tan, and pink to peach shades of blush, with creamy coral and salmon accents. Lipstick tints create a flirty feel, with warm orange undertones to round out the palette.

The faded presentation of these colors disregards today’s high-definition prints and transforms them to be newly precious and beautiful. Graduated sepia tones reveal a host of warm shades moving from dark rose to mauve and mocha, highlighted with touches of cinnamon.

Spring 2011: Folkloric This print is meant to mix with your vintage jewelry, and looks particularly fun with tarnished gold. It’s Bohemian chic at its best, with cultural influences ranging from American Southwest to Native American, Swedish, South American and Moroccan.

Folkloric is natural, pure, relaxed, gentle and childlike. Let it take you to that simpler time, where the living’s easy.

Spring 2011 Signature collection arrives online and in stores January 13!

• Tamarae says:

LOVE the new print! Beautiful!

• Amanda G. Jones says:

oh so pretty! Love the new print!!

• Allegra says:

I can’t wait to buy me some Folkloric!!!

• Dolores Dodge says:

Love the new print. Wish I could open the new catalog. Can’t wait to see it

• Melanie R says:

LOVE the new print, amazing! I daydream about you adding a new bag to your line: a professional camera bag, one that would hold an SLR camera a few lenses and a flash, a cute pocket for batteries, memory cards, etc. If it ever arrives I might just have to buy 3 or 4 in different prints, lol

• Michelle Germeroth says:

That would be awesome!! I had to settle for a boring black camera bag – I would love a Vera bag for my SLR!!! Great idea :)

• Marguerite Eichelberger says:

I’m with Melanie! I’d really love a camera bag!!!!!

• Melanie R Wayt says:

I too want a camera bag – I was just speaking of the very idea in a Vera store last week – one that is hard shelled similiar to the netbook/laptop bag but made for a camera – please oh please!

• Katie says:

This is the pattern I am most excited about seeing next week! It looks so happy and pretty, perfect for chasing away the overcast wintery skies of Michigan!

• Libby says:

Love this one!

• Sandra says:

I love the color combination and the pattern. It is bright and fresh. Great for Spring and summer. I intend to purchase several pieces. It looks like it will also blend with the coral colored pieces as well.

• J says:

These color combinations and patterns weren’t pretty in the 60′s and 70′s and they are still not pretty.

• Addison says:

I love the colors and the style as well. So fresh and springy

• Mary says:

Can’t wait to get my hands on this print in the Vera tote!

• Judy says:

The frill backpack makes an excellent camera bag – I have a Nikon D90 with a medium length lens and it fits perfectly in the bottom, then I add a case for extra media cards, a separate flash attachement, and a see through VB small case with extra batteries, camera info, etc. I like the frill because it makes it water repellant and while touring in Alaska that was important! Grab a matching mini hipster for personal items easy t get to and your good to go for touring! Backpack keeps your hands free when the camera is in your hands – could hardly ask for more. All over Alaska and the cruise ship people would stop and ask me where I got the matching set! If you do make a camera bag, make it back pack optional, please!

• Sandra says:

Looks like the new colors are such a big hit and they haven’t hit the market yet. Judy, I was looking for a camera bag for my cam and accessories. I was using a Vera Large makeup bag, I like your idea better!! I also need a an inside pocket for a still. Tell me. How do you like your camera. I need to buy one and need advice.

• Judy says:

Response to Sandra – LOVE the Nikon D90 as much as I do VB – they make a terrific pair! By the way, there is room in the Back pack to add my Canon Cam – but, with the D90 you can do short burst of video! I have the Barcelona Backpack that has netbook space, too – but, it’s not water repellent and that’s so needed when touring in all type weather! I use a small VB case (fold over top with latch opening – can’t remember name) for my Nikon 8000 point & shoot – it holds camera and extra batteries – and it slides down in the Backpack, too! But a place of it’s own built in would be great in a new VB Camera Backpack!

• Stephanie says:

Yes! I as well agree with the camera bag suggestion!!! Everytime I go into my VB retailer store I ask if she has heard anything about an official camera bag. Just for larger DSLR cameras, and lenses and flashes specifically, and sd cards everything one one need! The division pockets/separate divisions or slots/rows for different lenses or spaces ya know like different dividers. This would be a dream come true!!! It seems like you have a market for it! Please Make this product come true!!!

• Kim Martinez says:

I want one of EVERYTHING in this pattern! It is my favorite to date! I love how innovative, yet ‘retro’ it is! I just wish I had a budget that would allow me to purchase it all!!

• Mary says:

Tomorrow is the day! I can’t wait! =D

• Judy says:

Love the new colors & the Eloise bag!!! That will be my next purchase!!!

• Julie says:

Just bought this new patten !!! I really like it and it makes me look forward to spring and using it even more esppecially in the mist of winter with all the bad weather around us . Snow In the forcast again for tomorrow !!!

• Denise Campbell says:

This is a great print! It just lifts your spirits and makes everything seem brighter…love it!

• Edwina Brown says:

This is a great print for the large bags. The colors catch your eye.

• Jan Thomas says:

I really want something in Folkloric. There is just so much to choose from I’m having a hard time deciding!

• Stacey Bishop-Cline says:

Folkloric will definitely be my next purchase! Can’t wait to see the Mandy in this pattern that seems to “smile” and is perfect for Spring & Summer!

• Ammon Ogle says:

I love the new Vera patterns but my favorite is Folkloric. My daughter got me interested in Vera and now I am hooked. The girls I work with have all ordered the new Planner Agendas for their friends in all different patterns. I’m working on my collection and I’m trying different styles. Keep up the good work for we love Vera!

• Debi Kilgore says:

love the folkloric, liked them in the 60′s and still do today – - they can be added to and jazzed up! very pretty, love the choices.

• Caprice Robinson says:

I really love this pattern

• Macey says:

This BY FAR is my favvvvvorite pattern, and always will be!!! Vera Bradley is just the best!!!